MANicure Movement: Join the Movement to polish off child abuse!
One fingernail painted blue starts …
one conversation that moves us …
one step closer to ending the tragic reality that…
one in five children will suffer abuse before the age of 18.
The MANicure Movement® is a grassroots effort designed to raise awareness of child abuse as a national health crisis, and to ignite local action.
Join us in April – National Child Abuse Prevention Month – for an educational series that will provoke substantive discussion of adverse childhood experiences; while preparing parents, educators, first responders and child advocates to identify warning signals and intervene to offset childhood trauma.
Make plans to join us for any or all MANicure Movement® programs. Thanks to our partners at Florida Blue, there is no cost to participate.
- Wednesday, April 7 @ 9:00am – Building Resilience: Identifying childhood trauma and providing trauma informed care. Led by Amy Moncion, LCSW-QS; and Joy Chuba, LCSW, Victim Services Practitioner
- Wednesday, April 14 @ 3:30pm – Combatting the Opioid Epidemic: A law officer’s approach to hope and healing. Led by Sheriff Dennis Lemma, Seminole County
- Tuesday, April 20 @1:00pm – Social Media Safety: Guide for parents to guard against trafficking, hidden apps and perpetrator use of the web. Led by Marina Anderson, DCF Social Media Training Specialist
- Tuesday, April 27 @ 1:00pm – Lifelong Health: Understanding health consequences of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs). Led by Dr. Betsy Pope Goulet, Assistant Professor Child Advocacy Studies University of Illinois.
- Friday, April 30 @ TBD – Community Conversation: An interactive discussion of what we learned and how we can impact change.
To Register for All Events go to:
NOTE: Registered participants will receive an official MANicure Movement® e-certificate.